tasty tuesday: peanut butter pretzel bars
Remember the delicious Peanut Butter Bars I made in September? Well they are back! This time with a crunchy twist!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup crushed pretzels (quite small, pea size crumbs)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 chocolate chips
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1. Mix the butter, peanut butter and icing sugar in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in the crushed pretzels and graham cracker crumbs.
3. Press into a greased 8x8. ( I lined mine with tin foil, so I could just lift it out and cut the bars!)
4. Chill for about half an hour.
5. Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together to make the topping.6. When melted, spread evenly over the bottom layer. Using an offset spatula works wonders, and if your chocolate is still a bit melty when you have finished spreading it, give your pan a bit of a shake, or gently bang it on a counter. This will smooth out the chocolate even more.
7. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
8. Lift the bars out of the pan (with the tin foil).
9. Cut into squares!
I didn't think these bars could get any better, but I was so wrong!
The pretzels take these bars to a whole new level. Like with my Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies, adding pretzels to baking may seem a little weird at first. But I promise you, one bite of these bad boys, and you will be sold!
So do you have a girls night coming up? A book club meeting? A family dinner? A haircut?
Use any excuse you want, please just make these!!
p.s. ♥ jordyn