These are hands down the best brownies I've ever had in my life. They're perfectly dense and gooey (separating it from cake definitively), and have a slightly crackly top. So so good.
Now, honestly, I'm not the
brownie fan...despite my great love for chocolate. I'm not sure why, but I don't crave them very often. But when I do....I want these brownies, and only these. Preferably warm out of the oven. With ice cream.
Basically I want to eat all desserts warm out of the oven with ice cream on top. Is that too much to ask?
Onwards chocolate lovers! Bake, eat and be happy.
1 cup butter (melted)
3 cups white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2) In a large bowl, mix together your melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
3) Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4) In a small bowl, mix together flour, and cocoa powder. Gradually stir this mixture into the wet ingredients until just blended. Try not to mix more than necessary!
5) Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Spread batter in your greased 9x13 baking dish, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
*We like to take our brownies out when just a teeny bit of batter sticks to an inserted toothpick, as this ensures the middle brownies are the perfect amount of gooey-ness.
Since these brownies are very sweet, we choose not to frost them, and love to eat them plain, or with a bit of icing sugar dusted over top. And with ice cream....don't forget the ice cream.