More pizza! This time with a Thai twist.
It's no secret around here that Jordyn and I love Thai food. We're in love with peanut sauce, honey, garlic, curries, and the spiciness that often comes along with classic Thai dishes. This pizza was born after Clara took me (Kelsey) to Famoso Neopolitan Pizza for my birthday this winter, and I tried their Spicy Thai pizza. It was divine. I came home and told Jordyn that we needed to try and replicate it.
So we did!
There's so much goodness going on in this pizza. We started with a peanut sauce base, added in some chicken, a ton of veggies, some cheese, and topped it with chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges!
And don't be scared of the peanut sauce! Take a step out of your comfort zone, and your taste buds will be super happy.
1) For the pizza crust you can make your own (you can find our recipe here!), or just use a pre-made one! Bake it, and then set aside as you get your sauce and toppings ready.
2) In a small frying pan, gently sautee your garlic in the olive oil. Stir and cook for several minutes, and then set aside.
3) In a small saucepan, stir together peanut butter, honey, and soy sauce until everything is melted and combined.
4) Stir in your garlic, chili pepper flakes, ginger, sesame oil and water.
5) Gently simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened slightly.
6) Spread sauce over pizza crust. Add toppings to your heart's desire, and cover with cheese.
7) Pop your pizza back into the oven on broil, and wait until the cheese is nice and melty. **We left off the carrots and bean sprouts until after the cheese was melted!
*For the toppings, we found that adding (way) more than you think is the way to go. It'll be a bit messy, but oh so good!
8) Now cut your pizza, serve, and enjoy!
1 cooked pizza crust (recipe here!)
Thai Peanut Sauce:
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
6 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
1/2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes (or more)
½ tsp ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup water
1 green onion, chopped
1-2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup bean sprouts
1 large carrot, sliced finely
Please go make this asap! Your stomach/family/friends will thank you!
-kelsey & jordyn
p.p.s. here's our classic pizza recipe in case you want something a bit more tame.