mint chip ice cream
Ever since I was a little girl, mint chip ice cream has always been my favorite. Call me boring....but it's still the flavour I will get 99% of the time. My logic is that I know that I love mint chip, so why bother trying other flavours? Right?
Now this logic only holds true unless there's salted caramel that is! Then it's anybody's game.
Not only is today special because it involves ice cream, but we also were able to collaborate with the lovely Rosaura from Pigment and Parchment! I discovered her gorgeous work on instagram, she then followed me back and suggested a food post collab! I said "heck yes!", and the rest is history. She painted us the most darling ingredient list, which you can see below. Love!
Mint Chip Ice Cream
by: Kelsey & Jordyn
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon spearmint extract
3-4 drops green food colouring (optional)
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, mix together milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and spearmint extract, making sure sugar is dissolved.
2) Add food colouring if you wish, until it is as green as you want!
3) Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and follow the directions of your ice cream maker.
4) Once the mixture has started to thicken (about 10 minutes), add the chocolate chips in gradually.
5) When the ice cream has thickened sufficiently (ours took 20 minutes), scoop into a container (we used a loaf pan and it fit perfectly), and freeze until it's ready to serve (around 2 hours).
*If you find mini chocolate chips freeze too hard to eat, you can always substitute chocolate shavings instead!
Ever since Jordyn bought her new fancy schmancy "I can make ice cream in 15 minutes" ice cream maker....it sure is tempting to make a new flavour each week. I suppose it'll be a good lesson in practicing our self control!
Who are we kidding? Good-bye bikini body! Hello delicious ice cream!
-kelsey & jordyn