eggnog ice cream
'Tis the season for eggnog!
Story time: I don't even like eggnog! True fact.
But I knew it would make delicious ice cream....and it did! Oh man, it is so so creamy, and I think would make the best dessert for Christmas day. Our family always jokes that ice cream just melts around the food you just ate, and therefore makes the best dessert. Hehe. It's so simple to make too, and you can prepare it way ahead of time, so there's no scrambling around to make dessert the day of!
e g g n o g i c e c r e a m
3 egg yolks
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups eggnog
2 tbsp sugar
1) In a medium saucepan, combine cream and eggnog, and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat, and then remove from heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together. Very gradually, whisk in the warm milk mixture.
3) Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
4) Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
5) Pour into your ice cream machine and follow your machine's directions.
6) Once it's done, place your ice cream in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving!
So, there are presents piled high in my room (needing to be wrapped), Christmas cards sitting unmailed, and last minute gifts to be made.....but here I am talking about ice cream. #priorities
Happy Christmas baking!