Adventure Time cookies! These are probably the most adorable things Jordyn and I have ever created in the kitchen. Seriously, so cute!
Jordyn wanted to make these as presents, and I was a bit skeptical of how they might turn out. But, they were waaaay simpler than I expected, and pretty darn cute!
(If you have no idea what Adventure Time is....please just enjoy these weird cookies!)
You don't even need fancy cookie cutters for these! Jordyn just made little templates out of cardstock, and then cut out the shapes from the dough using a knife! So easy.
a d v e n t u r e t i m e c o o k i e s
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp milk (or creamo)
2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1) Cream butter - add sugar, vanilla, egg and milk; beat hard.
2) Add flour and baking powder to cream mixture and beat again.
3) Roll onto flour board, about 1/2 inch thick, and cut into shapes. We made templates of each character out of cardstock, and then used a knife to cut each one out.
For BMO you can use a rectangular cookie cutter if you have one!
4) Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-6 minutes. You'll know when they're done when the bottom is just barely turning a little bit brown.
1 large egg white
2 cups icing sugar (give or take)
*up to 1 tsp water for correcting consistency
food colouring (gel colours work best
1) Mix together egg white and icing sugar until completely combined. The icing should be thick and white.
2) Separate icing into bowls and colour each one.
3) Use a small squeezee bottle for icing the cookies, or a small ziplock bag with a hole cut out in the corner.
4) Add a tiny bit of water if your icing is too thick.
5) For BMO's buttons, Jake's eyes, and Lump Space Princess' star, use slightly thicker icing, and pipe shapes onto parchment paper. *We drew the shapes onto the back of the parchment paper as guidelines.) Let dry completely (24 hours is best). Dab a small amount of royal icing on to the back of each shape and gently place onto cookies.
6) Melt chocolate chips down for outlining everything and for the faces (chocolate is easier to use than trying to make black royal icing!).
"sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light."
These cookies would be so fun for an adventure time party, as gifts, or just for fun!
(If you make them, be sure to instagram them with #tfdonme so I can see them!)