Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins....you are a delight!
I am so excited to get back in the blogging groove and share these delish muffins today! I took a bit of time off while I was on vacation to Chicago (sooooo much fun! and I'll be posting all my favourites soon!!!), as well as to breathe a bit after the craziness of Fall. So, get ready for lots of new content coming your way!
These are one of my sister's specialties, and are in my top 3 favourite muffins (pumpkin coming in first....and lemon blueberry sneaking in somewhere too). Banana, coffee, and chocolate just complement each other so well! When we have overripe bananas, this is their fate 99% of the time. And it's a pretty good fate if you ask me!
banana mocha chocolate chip muffins
recipe adapted from: Shelley Ross - allrecipes
yields approx: 18 muffins (a few less if you make them quite large)
1. In a large bowl, mix together margarine and sugar.
2. Add egg, and mix well until light and fluffy.
3. Add bananas and mix well.
4. Dissolve instant coffee granules in the hot water.
5. Add coffee mixture and vanilla to your batter, and mix.
6. Mix in salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
7. Then add flour and beat until just mixed. (*you don't want to overmix!)
8. Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
9. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into greased muffin tins until 3/4 filled. Sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
1 cup margarine, softened
1 cups white sugar
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 1/2 tablespoon hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Next time you have a few overripe bananas taking up space on your counter or in your freezer, make these muffins!