Sometimes all you want in life is a cupcake. Amirite?
But you know that if you make a full recipe, then all those cupcakes will be sitting in your house...just waiting for you to eat them. All of them. So, what's a girl to do? Just make two of course! Because, let's be honest here, my self-control is not that strong.
The original recipe is for my favorite chocolate cake, and makes about 2 dozen cupcakes. After several trial and errors, I managed to find the perfect ratios of everything to recreate the deliciousness, and is the right amount of batter to make two perfect cupcakes.
c h o c o l a t e c u p c a k e s f o r t w o
yields: 2 cupcakes, recipe by: kelsey siemens
1/4 cup of Flour (slightly heaping)
3 Tbsp of White Sugar
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Tbsp Water
1) In a small bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
2) Then add in the vanilla, vinegar, oil and water.
3) Stir with a fork until everything is mixed together.
4) Pour batter into two cupcake liners.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-18 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean!).
And yes, I made these Valentine themed, as I think it'd be a cute dessert for you and your plus one.....or you know, just for you. #treatyoself