diablo cookies (with cayenne pepper!)
Yes you read the title correctly....there's cayenne pepper in these cookies! It's kind of the best. And definitely not as strange as it sounds. You'll love it, I promise!
It's not an obnoxious or overpowering spiciness at all, and is more of a subtle little kick! And it complements the rich chocolate flavor of this cookie so well. Jordyn saw Diablo Cookies popping up around the internet for quite a while now, and finally decided to give them a go! She tweaked her to-die-for triple chocolate cookie recipe into this masterpiece, and the results are pretty spectacular.
t r i p l e c h o c o l a t e c o o k i e s
recipe by: Jordyn Siemens
1. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugars.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.
4. Add in cocoa powder and mix (I like to add it before the flour, to try and reduce the puff of cocoa powder that sometimes goes everywhere!)
5. Then mix in the flour.
6. Finally, stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips
7. Place on cookie sheet in 1 1/2 inch balls. (squish down a bit for flatter cookies. [Optional: Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar and a pinch of salt]
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
9. Try not to eat them all yourself.
1 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*coarse sugar for decorating the top
These are such a fun way to spice up your cookie game...literally. Haha. Just be sure to warn your family and friends that these have a bit of a kick before the bite into one!