vanilla bean ice cream
So, it's basically felt like Summer here in the Fraser Valley since April....and the number of times Jordyn and I have made ice cream in this period of time is truly tragic. Seriously, we made ice cream more in Winter! There are no excuses....all we can do is attempt to rectify this in the coming weeks.
We thought we'd head back to basics with this classic vanilla bean ice cream! Smooth and simple, the vanilla bean is the star of the show here. It's ready to be topped off with fresh berries, transformed into an elaborate sundae (with a cherry on top), or simply enjoyed by itself.
v a n i l l a b e a n i c e c r e a m
recipe by: Jordyn & Kelsey Siemens
1) In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream, vanilla bean seeds, and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat, and then remove from heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together. Very gradually, whisk in the warm milk mixture.
3) Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
4) Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
5) Pour into your ice cream machine and follow your machine's directions.
6) Once it's done, place your ice cream in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving!
*We dipped our cones in chocolate because we're fancy like that.
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups whole milk
2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
p.s. I've also missed making gifs! And I apparently was too lazy for a tripod this time...oops!