I think we can all agree that brownies are the bomb. Especially when they are served warm with ice cream. Am I right? Why mess with perfection, one might ask. To that I would say...why not? Especially if it leads to something this delicious.
Now, these brownies will always remind me of one of my university roommates, Rochelle! She was often a taste-tester of mine while we lived together, and we spent many nights bonding as I baked and she cleaned up behind me (hahaha...it was the perfect relationship :P). I'm pretty sure this was her brainchild, adding mint chocolate chips instead of regular ones....and it is pretty amazing. I love that it gives an old classic a new spin! It's nice to mix it up now and again.
These are incredibly rich, chewy, and just overall decadent morsels of goodness!
recipe: slightly adapted from Brooke - allrecipes
yields: ~24 servings
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each one.
4) In a separate medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
5) Gradually mix in the flour mixture to the egg mixture until completely blended.
6) Use a spatula to stir in mint chocolate chips.
7) Spread the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. The batter is thick, so use a spatula to ensure it is spread out evenly.
8) Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. **Be careful that your toothpick isn't just hitting a mint chocolate chip when inserted, as that can be misleading and lead to overbaking.
9) Remove from the oven once it's done, and allow to cool slightly before cutting. Top with powdered sugar (or frosting if desired), and serve (preferably with ice cream!)
1 cup butter, melted
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mint chocolate chips
[optional: powdered sugar for topping]
Happy baking everyone! And brace yourselves for some Christmas baking coming at ya soon!