Hello Fall!! It might just be my favorite season of all, and I'm so glad it's here!
I've already been busy baking up a storm with apples and pumpkins, and have a few squash recipes that I'd like to try in the next few weeks as well. Living on an apple/pumpkin/squash/corn/potato/(and more!) farm is pretty darn swell during this time of year. We're busy harvesting everything right now, and there is an abundance of beautiful things at my disposal!
Now we've already made these muffins twice in the last few weeks, and it's safe to say that they're a family favourite. I actually can't believe that they aren't on the blog already! So, without further ado.....here is our pumpkin muffin recipe!
These muffins are so light and fluffy and moist. And they have pumpkin in them....so they're totally healthy, right? Right.
We like to cook our own pumpkin to use in these muffins, and will usually do a whole bunch at once, and then freeze them in 2 cup portions for later. It cuts down on your work, and then it's ready to go whenever you have a craving for muffins!
yields: approximately 24 muffins
1) In a large bowl, beat together your eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2) Add the pumpkin puree and oil and mix well.
3) Add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and flour.
4) Stir in chocolate chips.
5) Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Top with coarse sugar if you want them to look extra fancy.
6) Cook at 350 for 17-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
Happy 2nd day of Fall! Now go and make yourself some muffins!