We really really love bark in our house (
as you may remember:
). Maybe because sometimes we're a little bit lazy, and maybe because it just tastes so darn good!
The toasted almonds and dried cranberries are such perfect flavors for winter, and we always make some for Christmas! But honestly, there is no right or wrong time to make this bark.
p.s. Christmas is in 3 days....say what?
I'd just like to recommend you bringing this bark to the next party, family gathering, dinner, or potluck you go to. So simple, but it looks so fancy. Impress your friends, co-workers, boss, or in-laws. They'll love you for sure!
(I'm so not ashamed to bribe people with food....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?)
Cranberry Almond Bark
1/3 cup slivered almonds (blanched)
1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 oz white chocolate
1) Spread your almonds out on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes, or until toasted, and set aside.
2) Melt milk chocolate in a double boiler.
3) Remove chocolate from heat, an stir in almonds and dried cranberries.
4) Pour onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread evenly to about 1/4" thickness.
5) Melt white chocolate in double boiler.
6) Drizzle white chocolate over milk chocolate before the milk chocolate has set, and use a fork to swirl designs in the white chocolate.
7) Refrigerate until firm. Break up into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.